24 Mar The Best Wedding Venues in Seattle
At Blossom & Beauty, we talk so much about the right fit, style, and vibe for your wedding look. Brides often come to trial runs with Pinterest boards chalk full of wonderful ideas and examples. With all of these inspiration factors in mind, one thing that can really determine the feel of your wedding is the space. After all, isn’t the old saying: “location, location, location”?! There are so many places to consider for your special day and so many elements that you may or may not be looking into when making your decision. Below is just a brief list of questions to answer to wrap your head around the type of locale you may be interested in. Then we’ll take a look at the best wedding venues in Seattle!
- Number of guests (large or intimate feel)
- Theme or vibe (use descriptor words here like: romantic, whimsical, outdoor, urban, French vineyard)
- Amenities or features (what exactly might you need or desire in your location to come equipped with? Examples might be catering, bar space, dance floor, parking, etc.)
Now that you have those details in mind, you can start narrowing your search to fit your wedding needs! To save you some time though, we have corralled some of the premiere wedding spots around Seattle! These locations range in style and size, and all of them are award winning for the upcoming 2017 bridal season.
- Sodo Park– This venue is in the heart of Seattle, and can be customized up or down depending on the style the couple is wanting for their big day. This space is a refurbished factory and prides itself on being a full service venue. There are modern and rustic elements that suit any wedding vision.
- Bell Harbor International Conference Center– This location has panoramic views that highlight the entire Seattle backdrop. The catering for your wedding features all local and Pacific Northwest inspired food. There are a few spots to host your wedding: a rooftop plaza, outdoor terrace, the World Trade Center Seattle, the Harbor Room, and other more traditional convention rooms. Weddings can be anywhere between 10 and 600 people. Finally, this convention center really taps into the diverse community of Seattle and offers the chance to customize your wedding with special traditions and ceremony elements, or the incorporation of family recipes into the menu!
- DeLille Cellars– This vineyard location features a romantic French atmosphere that spans over ten acres. There are gardens, ponds, firelight, and chandeliers around the entire property. This venue also has an outdoor terrace, beautiful cedar trees, and lush vineyard landscaping. Finally, this spot is perfect for a more intimate gathering for a couple that loves France, wine, and a more romantic day.
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel– First off, all of their wedding packages include a five-night stay package for the couple’s post-nuptials at any of the Fairmont Hotel and Resort properties! What a wonderful way to unwind from all of the wedding hustle and bustle. This venue is luxurious and offers numerous complimentary services to the bridal party and guests. All weddings must be 100 guests or more, however there are many spots to select from when planning your wedding. For those seeking an Italian Renaissance inspired wedding with hints of the 1920’s, consider the Spanish Ballroom or the Spanish Foyer. These rooms have grand staircases, towering ceilings, opulent gold touches, and lavish details for your guests to ogle. The Garden room is an atrium-inspired space with a waterfall, live and abundant foliage, and a natural vibe. The Georgian room is a midsize space perfect for a more traditional and elegant affair. Finally, smaller weddings can look into the Metropole, which has a more modern, uptown feel to the space.
- JM Cellars– Located in Seattle wine country, this venue has over seven acres of arboretum space ready for your wedding guests to dance the night away. For outdoor lovers, JM Cellars has an arbor, a rock garden, and a patio. For those wanting indoor space, JM Cellars hosts a library, barrel room, fireplace room, and tasting room. This is a modern and urban winery with enough room to accommodate the average wedding party. We love this space for the variety of rooms and the natural meets urban twist on a vineyard property.
- Ballard Bay Club– This venue sits right on the waterfront and displays the Puget Sound and a wonderful mountain range. Aimed for those loving a more rustic style, the Ballard Bay Club has exposed brick, palm trees, and a quaint patio. We love that they have lawn games for your guests to enjoy while they dance and drink!
- Treehouse Point– This is for fairytale lovers looking to host a tiny, intimate wedding with a handful of people. Even more perfect for those wanting to elope! This spot was recently featured on tv because of its gorgeous treehouses where your ceremony can actually take place. You and your guests can escape into the woods and fulfill your Lord of the Rings dreams by getting married in the Seattle trees.
- Urban Lights Studio– This venue is for the quirky, unique, and adventurous couple. Self-proclaimed “artistic speakeasy”, Urban Lights Studio is abundant with individually styled spaces. There is a designer kitchen and bar, a Tiki Room, a China Room, and a library (just to tantalize you about the features!). We also love that this space tries to make the rental affordable and often cuts out the additional fees that many couples face with spending money on.
Bonus locations to consider: your favorite vineyard/distillery/brewery, one of the many islands that are just a short ferry ride away, and any rooftop spot like the Olympic Rooftop Pavilion
Whichever location you decide on for your day, make sure it fits you and your partner. From there, you can start to think about how the feel and style of your wedding might influence other elements of your look like your hair and makeup. Perhaps an outdoor wedding calls for added floral elements and soft curls in your hair, and soft pink hues on your eyes. Maybe that urban wedding space makes you want a blusher pinned into your elegant hairstyle and a more graphic makeup look. On the other hand, think about a few structured braids and a pop of color on your lip if you are planning for a vineyard wedding. Best of luck on your Seattle venue perusing!